Saturday, January 14, 2012

REVIEW: IRON FEY: THE IRON DAUGHTER BY JULIE KAGAWA

OMG! I just can’t believe how much I loved The Iron Daughter! Julie Kagawa you are one awesome writer. This is epic! The story revolves around the adventures of Meghan, Ash, Puck and Grimalkin, the adorable cait sith.



It takes off a few months after the events in The Iron King. I haven’t read Winter’s Passage which is a novella written by Julie Kagawa though. Anyway, I loved this book and I love Meghan. She’s one tough heroine and I love her. Her character has grown so much. She’s emotional and yet she knows how to keep her emotions at bay. She thinks even if everything around her is falling apart. She’s not the type of heroine who just whines, cries and succumbs to her emotions. I just fell in love with her character even more in this book.

Then there’s Ash. I kinda missed Ash in the middle part of the novel. And his scenes were really hard for me to read. The emotional turmoil, the conflicts everything. There were times when I just wanted to hug him. But still that does not change the fact that he still makes me feel squirmy every time I read about him. I’m still a loyal member of Team Ash though. haha.

There’s also Puck of course. Man, this guy definitely made me feel giddy in this book. For a moment there I actually thought about switching sides to Team Puck. Anyway, I loved his scenes with Meghan in this book. It wasn’t forced or anything. The love triangle thing here really worked for me actually.

Lastly, there’s Grimalkin. One word: ADORABLE!

I honestly loved everything about this book. Even the side characters were memorable for me. I love Ironhorse. His loyalty towards Meghan. His dedication and the way he keeps his promises. Truth be told I was actually a little teary-eyed when he died. And Leanansidhe, too. I like the way she acts all high and mighty and yet she stays true to her promises with the gang.

Anyway, I loved the way this book was written. I started reading this last night and I ended up finishing it a few hours ago. I was so engrossed with the story. I really like the way Ms. Kagawa mashed Faerie politics and love together. The pacing was excellent and the ending was kinda sad and yet happy at the same time. I’m not that sure about that one yet. I have mixed feelings although I did like the ending. I guess I just feel happy for both Meghan and Ash and at the same time I’m sad for Puck. But still, I couldn’t put this book down. I loved every bit of it even though there were parts when I just couldn’t help but be teary eyed. I’d give this a 5/5 star rating. :)

Add me up HERE, MY PERSONAL TUMBLR ACCOUNT, MY BLOGGER ACCOUNT, GOODREADS, PLURK and TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment