Friday, April 27, 2012

BOOK REVIEW: REVENANTS #1: DIE FOR ME BY AMY PLUM

So, I finished reading Die For Me by Amy Plum and I just couldn't wait to write my review. First of all, I would like to say that I think the concept of the entire novel is just soooooo unique. I mean, yeah, undead/ zombies/ ghosts and all but seriously, how can the undead/ zombies/ ghosts be so damn sexy?! Well, I guess only Amy Plum can do that. Anyway, the protagonists of the story are Kate Mercier and Vincent Delacroix, who is a very sexy revenant!


 Okay, so let's officially start this reviewing by dissecting the characters. So, there's Kate. Well, to be perfectly honest I didn't really like her that much in the beginning. I think she was just too mopey. Well, don't get me wrong, I know she lost her parents only a year ago but she could have made an effort to try to "live" instead of just being Ms. Gloomy and all. But she redeemed herself as the story progressed. I think meeting Vincent was probably one of the best things that happened to her. She seriously grew up and became a stronger character. I think she was also very good for Vincent since she brought life into whatever state his in. But even if I kinda didn't like her a bit in the beginning, I have to say that I loved the fact that she knows exactly what she wants even if her choices weren't exactly the best of the best. I respect her for being decisive unlike other characters from certain books that are just soooooo confused. That tends to annoy me a lot. In short, I like Kate as a character.

Then of course, there's the oh-so-sexy Vincent Delacroix. Man, he puts the sexy in zombie! haha. I seriously fell in love with this character. I know he's almost but barely similar to Edward Cullen from Stephenie Meyer's The Twilight Saga but I like Vincent more. He's stalker-ish in a not so creepy way. Not that I find Edward creepy. But seriously, this guy just drove me up the wall. I loved Vincent. He is a revenant who is trying to live a normal life as much as possible. And then he meets Kate. I have to say I think the two of them were just meant to be. I love their chemistry. There's something about them or probably more about him that's just so captivating. I simply love everything about Vincent.

I also love the supporting characters. Georgia, Kate's sister is someone I absolutely adore. I actually liked her more than I liked Kate in the beginning. Mamie and Papy were absolutely hilarious and at the same time touching in a way grandparents can make you feel. And of course, the other revenants Ambrose, Gaspard, Jules, JB, Charlotte and Charles were just adorable. Jules and Ambrose made me laugh the hardest. I love the fact that even the supporting characters were really involved in the story. They weren't just added there to add more people. They were actually part of it.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book. I honestly could have finished this in one day but I was trying to prolong reading this because I wanted to wait until my orders from the Book Depository arrived. There's some delay somewhere here in the Philippines so yeah, I simply couldn't wait and I ended up finishing Die For Me faster than I was expecting to. I love the way it was written especially the romance between Vincent and Kate. I especially love the scene in Vincent's room where Katie almost devoured him. Well, who wouldn't? A hormonal girl alone in a room with a cute guy? Seriously who could resist something like that? You could either be frigid or just too prim and proper for your own good. haha. That scene made me laugh so hard. I also love the fact that it was set in France, the City of Lights. The way it was described simply made me want to fly to France right now. Anyhoo, I'm recommending this to anyone who likes paranormal reads that's unique in it's own way and I'd give this a 5/5 star rating. And I can't wait to get my hands on its sequel which is Until I Die.

No comments:

Post a Comment