Wednesday, February 6, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1) by Miranda Kenneally

So, I finally got around to reading Catching Jordan by Miranda Keneally. I've been meaning to read this since last year because of all the hype on Goodreads I just couldn't find the time to do so and I always got sidetracked from ordering it on TBD but I finally did it. And yes, it deserved all the hype that it got from last year. The novel is told in Jordan Woods' POV who also happens to be the Quarterback of the boys football team. What can I say? She's just that awesome.


To start with, Jordan is definitely one of the boys. I can probably relate to that on some level and yes, her best friend also happens to be a boy which I can also relate to. She's pretty, she's tall and her dad is the great Donovan Woods who happens to be a pro-football player so yeah, she is somehow pressured to do her best when it comes to football even if her dad doesn't really support her or something. He has his reasons though. Trust me on that one. Anyway, she's probably the girl of every boys dreams but then again she's oblivious when it comes to girly girl things and all that stuff since she's always been used to being one of the boys. What I like about Jordan is that she's feisty and she has the respect of all the boys in her team. She did earn her position, so yeah, it's a much deserved respect.

Then enters Tyler "Ty" Green, Chace Crawford's twin, according to Jordan. So yeah, he's definitely hot. He also happens to be a quarterback btw. Anyway, for some reason they click. And yeah, the rest is history. Their relationship bordered on insta-love or rather lust which is definitely fine by me since let's face it a lot of relationships start with that. Call me a cynic but I don't really believe in love at first sight. I believe in lust at first sight though since I don't really believe in the fact that you can fall in love with someone you don't even know. Anyway, I did like Ty since he seemed to be Mr. Perfect and all but he can be a bit controlling.

Lastly, there's Jordan's best friend, Sam Henry. They've been friends since they were kids and they still have sleepovers but that's beside the point. Sam Henry or just plain Henry is also a part of Hundred Oaks Football team and thus making him a part of Jordan's team. I like him because he looks out for Jordan all the time and I can definitely relate to this one since he reminds me so much of my best friend. Ugh! I'm going around in circles I don't really know how to write anything here without giving away spoilers! Let's just say that he's a key character in the novel as well.

Overall, I think this deserved all the hype that it got last year. This is an awesome read and I managed to finish this in one day. I liked all of the characters from this book. Carter and JJ who also happens to be Jordan's friends and part of the football team. Vanessa, Ty's sister. Mike, Jordan's older brother and his friend Jake who always tries to hit on Jordan but fails miserably. Seriously, their scenes are just hilarious. Jordan's mom and dad. Even Carrie and Marie who are both linked to Sam. But I refuse to tell  you why their linked. Just read the book. Everyone is just awesome. I also love the fact that the boys from the football team are willing to beat up anyone who tries to mess with Jordan. It's very touching to be totally honest. I also love the fact that its plot didn't nearly revolve around the issue of plain old teenage love. It had deeper issues like respect for the opposite sex and gender equality which is just awesome. I love the fact that the author was able to incorporate these  serious issues while making it fun and easy to read. It's the type of book that would make you feel good. It's probably something you'd enjoy reading if you just want to kick back and relax. Anyway, I'm currently reading it's companion novel Stealing Parker. 

Rating: 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment