Monday, February 18, 2013

BOOK REVIEW: The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire #2) by Lindsey Leavitt

Yesterday and today I got a lot of reading done. I managed to finish two books and one novella and I'm currently reading another one. So yeah, I'll be posting three reviews tonight. I'll be starting with The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire #2) by Lindsey Leavitt though. This book is just adorable! I know its target population are the middle grade readers but seriously this novel is just ADORBS! I've read the first one in the series last year and I absolutely loved it. Anyway, this is again told in Desi Bascomb's POV.

To start with, I think Desi matured in this novel even if she's still a kid in more ways than one. I think she understood her magic more as the story went on. I also loved the fact that she's learned how to trust her instincts and yet be empathic towards her clients and friends alike. I liked Desi more in this sequel since she really did a lot of growing up. I felt really bad for her though during the last part since her supposedly "mentor" and client left her hanging when things got rough. In the end, I think her experience from that job made her a better person.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It has been compared a couple of times to The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. I haven't exactly read that one yet but I've seen the movie so yeah, I could definitely say that there are some similarities. This is definitely a quick read that would be enjoyed by kids in middle school. The entire book is quite easy to understand. No complicated sentences at all. It's definitely the type of material that you could just breeze through. Something you should pick up when you just want to relax and laugh. Overall, I really enjoyed this more than the first one since this had a lot of surprises especially towards the end. One word to best describe this would be CUTE!

RATING: 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment